Happy Friday everyone! So today, I wanted to share another fitness/ lifestyle post with you guys today since I had such an amazing response to the last one I did. In case you missed it, you can read all about my current fitness routine and how I make healthier choices here 🙂 Today I’m sharing a little bit more about how I live a healthier lifestyle in general- health wise, mentally and physically (basically tips to be healthier and happier). Before we get into the healthier lifestyle post though, I wanted to share my outfit details. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve been using Wantable– a personal stylist subscription service for a few months now. In my last box, I got this top and sports bra that I love! I also purchases these leggings during the Nordstrom sale and they are my favorite. The blue is sold out but the black is fully in stock 🙂
How to live a more balanced and healthier lifestyle
- Drink more water! I know, I know, everybody and their mother tells you this; but it couldn’t be more true. The days that I don’t drink enough water, I just don’t feel like myself. Staying hydrated is important for your entire body. I love adding lemon to my water in the mornings. It tastes good and has SO many health benefits. You can read about lemon’s benefits here.
- Start your day with a good breakfast. This is a no brainer for me. I don’t leave the house without eating something substantial. I love eggs, oatmeal or yogurt with fruit. Find something you love so you look forward to eating breakfast in the morning. I always go for something that will keep me full for a good amount of time!
- Change your attitude. Wake up and decide to be in a good mood. I know that the day I decided to make an effort to have a more positive outlook, I really did have better days. This is most important for me on school days. Being a teacher, there are always going to be kids that drive you CRAZY but each day I try to give each child a fresh start and not to hold anything against them from the day before. This is the most important tip I have for you!!!
- Make lists. Okay, so working two full time jobs (blogging & teaching) keeps me insanely busy. Everyday I have a to-do list longer than you can imagine. Each day I make a list of things that I need to get done for the day. It feels so good to cross things off your to-do list and really helps keep stress in check. Knowing I have a doable list will helps me not get overwhelmed by the big picture.
- Exercise – even if it’s just a walk to get fresh air. I usually only workout a couple times a week but I make a point to getting outside and taking Jake for a walk each night. Fresh air and exercise are two things that are crucial to your overall health. Hate going to the gym everyday? find something you enjoy and will look forward to. Get a workout buddy who will hold you accountable. Anything to give you that motivation. If you read my last fitness post, you know that I love Orangetheory and go a few times a week. I actually look forward to going and love that you have to schedule your classes in advance so you really force yourself to get that workout in.
- Don’t keep all sorts of junk food in the house. I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth. There’s no secret there. For me, eating right is all about what you have in your house. I choose to keep healthier foods around because if I keep all sorts of junk food around, I know I’ll choose that over any healthier options.
- Turn off all technology before bed. So this one is definitely a work in progress for me. As I’m sure it is for most of you as well. In today’s world we are surrounded by technology constantly and get used to having our phones attached to us 24/7. I think it’s so important to unplug a few minutes before bed. I am trying to be better at this, so we’ll see 😉
Well there you have it- 7 tips to have a healthier lifestyle. I hope you got something out of this post. I really enjoyed writing it and thinking about the little things I do daily to help keep my health in check. Let me know in the comments below if you have any other health tips! 🙂
Thanks for reading! xx, Annie