One of my favorite trends right now is statement earrings! They are EVERYWHERE and can really make an outfit “pop”! What I love most about this trend is that almost all of the statement earrings now are SO light and it doesn’t even feel like you’re wearing earrings. In the past, I remember trying on big earrings and feeling like I was going to fall over (haha, just kidding…kinda!). Don’t worry if you’re new to the statement earring trend because I’m here to give you a few tips 😉
1. Keep your outfit simple- You want the earrings to be the star of the show. I kept this outfit very simple with a solid white top and dark skinny jeans. This makes sure that attention is drawn to your earrings! If you have too much going on elsewhere (i.e. prints or too many layers) your outfit will look way too busy.
2. Less is more- This kind of goes along with number 1 but if you’re going to rock the statement earrings, keep all other jewelry to a minimum. I wouldn’t recommend wearing a big necklace. I have a simple gold bangle on here for some added sparkle but that’s it. Don’t go overboard! 😉
3. Neutrals + a pop of color- When wearing statement earrings, I love to keep my outfit more neutral and have the statement earrings be the color in my outfit. This will help them stand out even more. Now, I’m not saying you HAVE to wear neutrals to wear statement earrings but definitely think about your outfit choice in terms of how it will look with the earrings.
Some of my favorites right now:
4. Try different ways of styling your hair- I am just wearing my hair down here but I LOVE the look of a ponytail with statement earrings. It would also be cute to go with a half up/half down look to draw even more attention to the earrings.
5. Figure out what styles you like best- Do you like dangle, hoops, bright, tassel, beads, etc. Finding the style that suits you best will ensure you look great and confident rocking your statement earrings!
Thanks for reading 🙂